Retail Career Connection Forum
Retail resumes: How to show the impact you had in past jobs
I review hundreds of retail manager resumes every year and I have noticed that many job-seekers struggle to clearly demonstrate the impact they had on past stores, districts, and regions. Take a look at the following accomplishment statements and see if you can spot the problem:
- Achieved $3 million in annual sales.
- Increased average dollars-per-transaction to $52.
- Averaged 88% on monthly mystery shops.
- Ranked 3rd in the 30-store region for profit contribution.
- Finished 20XX with 0.85% inventory shrink, less than the budget of 1.0%.
There’s nothing really wrong with these statements but they don’t tell the reader as much as they could.
Professional Resume Writer, Retail Industry